Welcome to the Tri-State College Diversity Summit
|Tri State Diversity Council College Summit
Date: April 13, 2013
Succeeding in Today’s Global Workforce: Leveraging Resources, Relationships, and Leadership Skills
The mission is to foster leadership among college/university students and to enhance communication and functioning in a multiracial, multiethnic and multicultural society through diversity dialogues and experiences.
Who Should Attend
Undergraduate and graduate college students from the greater Tri-State area, who want to:
(1) Make equity the cornerstone of their thoughts, actions and lives.
(2) Encourage contributions to the community by ensuring full representation.
(3) Honor the uniqueness of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Why You Should Attend
Students who will attend will be able to:
(1) Create and provide intercultural and cross-cultural opportunities and experiences.
(2) Cultivate skill sets needed to discuss and deal with complex race/ethnicity, issues, about which we deeply disagree, including the current existence of discrimination in our society.
(3) Prepare themselves for a transition from college to career.
Any college student is eligible to attend. To register, please visit the following website: http://tristatediversitycouncil.org/what-we-do/events-and-programs/tri-state-college-diversity-summit/
Event Day Student Coaches/Facilitators
Each student will have the opportunity to participate during discussions and presentations, in a small group setting, with leaders from elite organizations across the greater Tri-State area. This will afford them the opportunity to ask any questions they may have about transitioning from college to career, and learn more about what it takes to succeed in the corporate environment.